Cauliflower mash can be used for cottage pie topping by adding some grated cheese to it. You can add garlic or parmesan cheese to your cauliflower mash as well.
- Cook a chopped up cauliflower head for approximately 10 minutes until tender
- Drain and discard the water
- Dry cook the cauliflower just to make sure that all the water is gone, the drier the cauliflower the better
- Add your cauliflower to your food processor and as you are processing it add cubes of butter to it
- Season with salt and pepper