Spicy Tomato Sauce
A spicy tomato sauce ideal for meatballs or over grilled chicken or fish.
- 1.5 kg tomatoes
- 250 g onions, chopped
- 2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 0.5 tsp ground cloves
- 10 whole black pepper corns ground slightly
- 1 whole bay leaf
- 2 whole garlic cloves
- 200 ml malt vinegar
- 100 ml apple cider vinegar
- 4 tbsp milled xylitol / erythritol / stevia (We used erythritol)
- 0.5 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- Chop the tomatoes and the onions.
- Put it in a large pot together with the salt, cloves, black pepper corns, bay leaf, garlic and vinegar.
- Simmer for 1 hour. Click here for 60 Minutes Timer
- Remove the bay leaf.
- Add the erythritol, cayenne pepper, paprika, chilli powder and mix well.
- Taste and adjust any seasoning if you feel the need to do that.
- Use your liquidiser or stick blender to blend everything and then put it through a sieve. You will end up with a lovely smooth tomato sauce.
- Pour into sterilised bottles.
- The best is to leave this for a week or two in the fridge before using but it can also be eaten straight away.