Chicken Bone Broth
Bone broth is an excellent source of amino acids and great to ward off infection and an excellent LCHF snack.
- 1 whole chicken carcass
- 2 carrots cut into pieces
- 2 liters boiling water
- 1 leek cut into pieces
- 1 celery stick cut into pieces
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 star anise
- 5 whole cloves
- 5 whole peppercorns
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Roast the chicken carcass in the oven until golden brown.
- Add all the other ingredients to a pot and simmer while the chicken is roasting.
- Once the chicken carcass is golden brown add it to the pot and simmer for at least 20 - 24 hours to extract all the goodness from the bones.
- Make sure to top up every hour or so, if needed.
- You can also do this in a crock pot or slow cooker, set temperature on low and leave to simmer for at least 20 - 24 hours.
- Put through a sieve and portion up. You can either put this in your fridge or freezer. It can last for 5 days in the fridge.